Nelson Engineering Co. – AUTEC US Navy Base Andros Island, Bahamas
Nelson Engineering Co. serves a variety of markets and employs engineers in all disciplines. We have performed work in a majority of the United States and in more than 20 international locations.
Full time position for an experienced Construction Management/Project Management professional to support facility maintenance and repair (M&R) projects for US Navy site located on Andros Island, Bahamas. Nelson Engineering Co. (NE) supports the Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated (PAE) Applied Technologies (AT, LCC) Base Operations Contract team at the United States Navy’s Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) located on Andros Island in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
This position performs a complete array of facilities maintenance, management, project management and construction oversight services including statements of work, design reviews, project management, and daily construction management, commissioning and project closeout/turnover.
- Strong focus on construction management activities with renovation and M&R projects.
- Budget development and control.
- Independently manage construction projects from initial conception to final construction closeout.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Maintain individual project files in accordance with established templates and US Navy Operating Control Directive’s (OCD).
- Plan and execute M&R projects from initial project planning through design, construction management, initial operating capacity (IOC), and project close out.
- Work tasks are varied and require flexibility and versatility in the construction field. Project examples include roof replacements, HVAC replacements, interior renovations, electrical distribution updates, and site infrastructure.
- Develop statements of work, rough order of magnitude cost estimates and detailed construction cost estimates.
- Perform physical inspections of equipment/facilities, prepare and review request for information and change orders, analyze systems and components, compile data, and write technical narrative reports.
- Professional ethics, strong work ethic, flexibility, self-motivation, strong computer skills, effective verbal communication skills and writing ability, technical ability/performance, and team player attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Construction Management, or similar discipline. Years of professional experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years engineering, construction, construction management or project management experience desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance.
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Must be able to reside in a remote location with limited medical facilities.
- Housing accommodations
- Meal allowance
- 11 roundtrip flights per year from Andros Island to West Palm Beach, FL
Nelson Engineering Co. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity. EOE/M/F/IWD/V – Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Nelson Engineering participates in E-Verify.majority of the United States and many international locations.
To submit an application and resumeApply here