Facilities Engineering Major Projects Coordinator
Nelson Engineering Co. – AUTEC US Navy Base Andros Island, Bahamas
Nelson Engineering Co. serves a variety of markets and employs engineers in all disciplines. We have performed work in a majority of the United States and in more than 20 international locations.
Full time position for an experienced Construction Management/Project Management professional to support facility maintenance and repair (M&R) projects for US Navy site located on Andros Island, Bahamas. Nelson Engineering Co. (NE) supports the Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated (PAE) Applied Technologies (AT, LCC) Base Operations Contract team at the United States Navy’s Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) located on Andros Island in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
The Facilities Engineering Major Projects Coordinator reports to the Public Works, Facilities Engineering Department Manager and is responsible for the coordination, development and execution of Facilities Engineering Projects.
- Will directly interface with US Navy project points of contact, supporting PAE departments and subcontracted team members for engineering.
- Maintains individual project files in accordance with established PAE facilities engineering templates and US Navy OCD’s.
- Submits daily, weekly monthly reports as required
- Respond and work an on-call status when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Construction Management or similar field.
- At least 10 years’ experience performing facilities and or construction management, preferably on Department of Defense Projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance.
- Valid Driver’s License and US passport will be required.
- Computer literate –Experience with project management and construction estimating software. MAXIMO and RS Means preferred.
- Must be physically able to climb stairs & ladders or elevated fuel tanks, climb in and around Fuel piping and access confined spaces for inspection purposes
- Knowledge of Occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Read and understand technical/repair manuals.
- Works well independently with little to no direction.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Housing accommodations
- Meal allowance
- 11 roundtrip flights per year from Andros Island to West Palm Beach, FL
Nelson Engineering Co. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity. EOE/M/F/IWD/V – Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Nelson Engineering participates in E-Verify.
To submit an application and resumeApply here