Nelson Engineering Co. – Merritt Island, FL
Nelson Engineering Co. is an employee owned, small engineering firm that serves a variety of markets and employs engineers in the civil, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, and environmental disciplines. We have performed work in a majority of the United States, and more than 20 international locations.
Our primary office is located in Merritt Island, Florida immediately south of Kennedy Space Center (45 minutes east of the Orlando Airport). We have a significant aerospace heritage and provide an ever expanding mix of engineering services to federal, county and city governments as well as commercial customers including DoD, DoE, NIST, NASA, and GSA throughout the US and other countries We are focused on providing Client Value and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Work tasks will be extremely varied and requires flexibility and versatility in the engineering field. Examples of type of work to be performed includes civil site design, environmental assessments and permitting, water resource management planning and design, performing facility condition assessments and capital asset management planning, performing detailed cost analyses and material take-offs of a variety of building types throughout the US and other countries; performing design engineering (plans, specs and cost estimates) for facility maintenance and repair projects, and performing construction management for ongoing construction efforts.
Job duties will include performing engineering work through the life cycle of equipment, facilities, and sites from design development, to construction oversight, installation and maintenance. Work will entail performing in-field walk-downs of equipment/facilities, analyzing systems and components, preparing design concepts sketches and drawings, compiling data and writing technical narrative reports. In addition, assigned work tasks will be diversified and require successful candidates to “think outside the box”.
- BS Civil Engineering degree required from an ABET accredited program
- FE Certification (required) with the ability to obtain PE Certification within two (2) years
- Two-Four (2-4) years professional engineering experience required
- Ability to obtain a clearance from the Defense Security Service and other Federal Government Agencies
- US Citizenship required
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
- Technical ability/performance
- Confident and ambitious problem solver
- Creative and Innovative – Self-directed Initiative
- Understands the culture of business
- Detail Oriented
Nelson Engineering Co. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity. EOE/M/F/IWD/V – Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Nelson Engineering participates in E-Verify.
To submit an application and resume