Merritt Island, FL
Nelson Engineering Co. is an employee owned, small engineering firm with approximately 100 employees that serves a variety of markets and employs engineers in the civil, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, and environmental disciplines. We have performed work in a majority of the United States, and many international locations.
Our primary office is located in Merritt Island, Florida immediately south of Kennedy Space Center (45 minutes east of the Orlando Airport). We have a significant aerospace heritage and provide an ever expanding mix of engineering services to federal, county and city governments as well as commercial customers including DoD, DoE, NIST, NASA, and GSA throughout the US and other countries. We are focused on providing Client Value and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Work tasks will be extremely varied and requires flexibility and versatility in the drafting/design field. Examples of type of work to be performed includes:
- Design of commercial and industrial power, lighting, communications, fire alarm, security, HVAC and plumbing systems (plans, details and diagrams).
- Facility condition assessments and capital asset management planning.
- Detailed cost analyses and material take-offs of a variety of building types throughout the US and other countries.
- Drafting/design support for ongoing and new construction efforts.
Job duties will include providing drafting and design support to engineers throughout the engineering design process. Work will entail performing in-field walk-downs of equipment/facilities, analyzing systems and components, verifying existing conditions of facilities prior to new design efforts, preparing design concepts sketches and drawings and compiling data. In addition, assigned work tasks will be diversified and require successful candidates to “think outside the box”. Work will be conducted mostly in the Space Coast Area of Florida (Brevard County) and other travel locations will be limited.
- AS in Drafting and Design (or equivalent past experience)
- Prefer 2-4 years of drafting/design experience working with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge of the engineering design process. (past experience working with design drawings preferred)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance from the Defense Security Service and other Federal Government Agencies.
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon offer.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications.
- Experience in Autodesk AutoCAD (experience with Autodesk Revit, PTC Creo and other modeling/drafting software preferred)
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal).
- Confident and ambitious problem solver.
- Creative and Innovative – Self-directed Initiative
- Understands the culture of business
- Detail Oriented
To submit an application and resume