Nelson Engineering Co. – Merritt Island, FL
Founded in 1993, Nelson Engineering Co. is an employee owned, engineering firm that serves a variety of markets and employs engineers in the civil, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, and environmental disciplines. We perform work around the United States, and many international locations.
Our company is headquartered in Merritt Island, Florida We have a significant aerospace heritage and provide an ever-expanding mix of engineering services to federal, county and city governments including DoD, DoE, NIST, NASA, and GSA. We are focused on providing Client Value and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Work tasks will be extremely varied and requires flexibility and versatility in the engineering field. Examples of type of work to be performed includes:
• Design of commercial and industrial power, lighting, communications, fire alarm and security systems (plans, specs and cost estimates)
• Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
• Facility condition assessments and capital asset management planning
• Detailed cost analyses and material take-offs of a variety of building types throughout the US and other countries
• Construction management for ongoing construction efforts.
Job duties will include performing engineering work through the life cycle of equipment, facilities, and sites from design development, to construction oversite, and operation and maintenance. Work will entail performing in-field walk-downs of equipment/facilities, analyzing systems and components, preparing design concepts sketches and drawings, compiling data and writing technical narrative reports. In addition, assigned work tasks will be diversified and require successful candidates to “think outside the box”. Work will be in the Space Coast Area of Florida (Brevard County) and other travel locations as required.
- BS Electrical Engineering degree required from an ABET accredited program, seeking Spring 2018 grads.
- Prefer EIT License or prior engineering intern experience.
- Candidate seeking in specializing in power for electrical engineering career path.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance from the Defense Security Service and other Federal Government Agencies.
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon offer.
- Valid Driver License
- Willingness to travel to locations where work is to be performed (30% to 50%).
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications.
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Experience with CAD, Revit, SKM Power Tools for Windows, Easy Power, or other electrical system modelling/drafting software preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
- Confident and ambitious problem solver
- Creative and Innovative – Self-directed Initiative
- Understands the culture of business
- Detail Oriented
Nelson Engineering Co. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity. EOE/M/F/IWD/V – Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Nelson Engineering participates in E-Verify.
To submit an application and resumeApply here