Electrical Engineer, P.E.
Nelson Engineering Co. – Merritt Island, FL
Nelson Engineering Co. is an employee owned, small engineering firm that serves a variety of markets and employs engineers in the civil, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, and environmental disciplines. We have performed work in a majority of the United States, and many international locations.
Our primary office is located in Merritt Island, Florida immediately south of Kennedy Space Center (45 minutes east of the Orlando Airport). We have a significant aerospace heritage and provide an ever expanding mix of engineering services to federal, county and city governments as well as commercial customers including DoD, DoE, NIST, NASA, and GSA throughout the US and other countries. We are focused on providing Client Value and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Position is located in Merritt Island (Brevard County), with travel to customer sites.
Work tasks will be extremely varied and requires flexibility and versatility in the engineering field. Examples of type of work to be performed includes:
- Design of commercial and industrial power, lighting, communications, fire alarm and security systems (plans, specs and cost estimates)
- Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
- Facility condition assessments and capital asset management planning
- Detailed cost analyses and material take-offs of a variety of building types throughout the US and other countries
- Construction management for ongoing construction efforts.
- Performing engineering work through the life cycle of equipment, facilities, and sites from design development, to construction oversight, and operation and maintenance.
- In-field walk-downs of equipment/facilities, analyzing systems and components, preparing design concepts of sketches and drawings, compiling data and writing technical narrative reports.
- BS Electrical Engineering degree required from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum EIT License obtained. Active Professional Engineer License desired.
- 4-6 years professional engineering experience specializing in low and medium voltage power.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance from the Defense Security Service and other Federal Government Agencies
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon offer
- Willingness to travel to locations where work is to be performed (30-50% travel)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Experience with CAD, Revit, SKM Power Tools for Windows, Easy Power, or other electrical system modeling/drafting software preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
- Confident and ambitious problem solver
- Creative and Innovative – Self-directed Initiative
- Understands the culture of business
- Detail Oriented
Nelson Engineering Co. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity. EOE/M/F/IWD/V – Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Nelson Engineering participates in E-Verify.
To submit an application and resumeApply here