Nelson Engineering Co. – Merritt Island, FL
Nelson Engineering Co. is an employee owned, small engineering firm that serves a variety of markets and employs engineers in the civil, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, and environmental disciplines. We have performed work in a majority of the United States, and many international locations.
Our primary office is located in Merritt Island, Florida immediately south of Kennedy Space Center (45 minutes east of the Orlando Airport). We have a significant aerospace heritage and provide an ever expanding mix of engineering services to federal, county and city governments as well as commercial customers including DoD, DoE, NIST, NASA, and GSA throughout the US and other countries. We are focused on providing Client Value and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Position is located in Merritt Island (Brevard County), with travel to customer sites.
Work tasks will be extremely varied and requires flexibility and versatility in the engineering field. Examples of type of work to possibly be performed includes:
- Project planning for facilities and aerospace support equipment
- Performing facility condition assessments and capital asset management planning
- Performing reliability centered maintenance (RCM) of mechanical and electrical equipment used in support of buildings
- Performing detailed cost analyses and material take-offs of a variety of building types throughout the US and international locations.
- Performing design engineering (plans, specs and cost estimates) for facility maintenance and repair projects, and performing construction management for ongoing company projects.
Job duties will include performing engineering work through the life cycle of equipment from design development, to manufacturing, installation and maintenance. Work will entail performing in-field walk-downs of equipment/facilities, analyzing systems and components, preparing design concepts sketches and drawings, compiling data and writing technical narrative reports. In addition, assigned work tasks will be diversified and require successful candidates to “think outside the box”.
- BS Mechanical Engineering degree required from an ABET accredited program. Seeking Spring 2018 grads.
- Prefer EIT License or prior engineering intern experience.
- Ability to obtain a clearance from the Defense Security Service and other Federal Government Agencies.
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon offer.
- Current US Passport
- Valid driver license
- Position is based out of Merritt Island, FL location. Willingness to travel to locations where work is to be performed (30-50% travel requirement).
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Experience in Autodesk AutoCAD (experience with Autodesk Revit, PTC Creo and other modeling/drafting software preferred)
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
- Confident and ambitious problem solver
- Creative and Innovative – Self-directed Initiative
- Understands the culture of business
- Detail Oriented
- Performing facility inspections covering all but not limited to climbing ladders, assess spaces including roofs, interstitials, basements, crawl spaces, and utility tunnels.
- Extensive walking during facility condition assessments.
Nelson Engineering Co. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity. EOE/M/F/IWD/V – Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Nelson Engineering participates in E-Verify.
To submit an application and resumeApply here