Nelson Engineering Co. – Merritt Island, FL
Nelson Engineering Co. is an employee-owned, small engineering firm that serves a variety of markets and staffs personnel in the following engineering disciplines: civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, environmental, and fire protection. We have performed work throughout the United States and internationally in 20 countries.
Our primary office is located in Merritt Island, Florida immediately south of NASA’s Kennedy Space Center. We have a significant aerospace heritage and provide an ever expanding mix of engineering services for federal, state and local governments as well as commercial customers. We are focused on providing client value and exceeding client expectations.
Work tasks will be extremely varied and requires flexibility and versatility in the engineering field. Examples of type of work to possibly be performed includes:
- Project planning and design for facility mechanical systems and aerospace ground support equipment.
- Performing design engineering (plans, specs, calculations and cost estimates) for facility modification projects, aerospace process systems, and performing construction management and site engineering support for completed designs and ongoing company projects.
- Mechanical analysis/calculations for fluid flow, HVAC thermal loads and airflow, and FEA on components and supports.
- 3D modeling of building systems or components for coordination models, analysis and design drawings.
- Performing facility condition assessments and capital asset management planning
- Performing reliability centered maintenance (RCM) of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
Job duties will include performing engineering work through the life cycle of equipment from design development, to manufacturing, installation and maintenance. Work will entail performing in-field walk-downs of equipment/facilities, analyzing systems and components, preparing design concepts and drawings, compiling data and writing technical narrative and analysis reports. In addition, assigned work tasks will be diversified and require successful candidates to “think outside the box”.
- BS Mechanical Engineering degree required from an ABET accredited program and 3-5 years of mechanical engineering design experience.
- FE license or ability to sit within a year or PE license preferred
- Experience in 3D drafting/modeling software such as Autodesk Revit, PTC Creo or other similar programs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Defense Security Service and other Federal Government Agencies
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment verification form upon offer.
- Current US Passport
- Valid driver license
- Position is based out of Merritt Island, FL location.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with dynamic multi-disciplinary teams on large design projects and lead smaller mechanical design teams.
- Confident and ambitious problem solver
- Creative and Innovative – Self-directed Initiative
- Understands the culture of business
- Detail Oriented
- Performing facility inspections covering all but not limited to climbing ladders, assess spaces including roofs, interstitials, basements, crawl spaces, and utility tunnels.
- Extensive walking during facility condition assessments, construction site engineering support, and industrial site walkdowns.
Nelson Engineering Co. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity. EOE/M/F/IWD/V – Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Nelson Engineering participates in E-Verify.
To submit an application and resume