Nelson Engineering Co. is an employee owned, small engineering firm that serves a variety of markets and employs engineers and professionals in the civil, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, and environmental disciplines. We have performed work in a majority of the United States and many international locations.
The position is located at Avon Park Air Force Range, Highlands County.
- Cradle-to-grave technical, design, and construction surveillance of APAFR projects and includes management and preparation of technical data, studies, and evaluation of these projects’ base communities, and comprehensive planning and programming.
- Reviews statements of work and provides preliminary design data on facilities related projects.
- Review drawings to ensure adequate design elements are incorporated to ease the completion process. Provide technical reviews of the design and cost proposals and provides technical support for Government negotiation.
- Researches applicable regulations and any other manuals and codes that may govern design decisions on the project.
- Schedule and host design review meetings with the Government representative, the proponent, and all other associated base and external organizations necessary to better refine and coordinate project requirements and criteria identified during project programming and design.
- Coordination of business case analyses for the various proposed activities while considering cost, benefits and risks.
- Program projects and maintain ACES-PM to reflect the latest status of active and inactive projects and provide other project programming support as needed.
- Coordinate construction with the users, inspecting all aspects of project construction, maintaining the project documentation, and updating the ACES-PM program.
- Review AF Form 332, Base Civil Engineer Work requests and ensure the requests are detailed clearly with description of work requested.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Associates degree from an accredited program.
- 2-4 years of related experience. Prior experience working with the Air Force desired.
- Construction project coordinating and tracking experience.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Ability to obtain a National Agency Check (NAC) clearance from the Defense Security Service.
- US Citizenship required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications.
To submit an application and resumeApply here