Construction Support Services
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
CONSTRUCTION SUPPORT CAPABILITIES
Nelson Engineering provides multi-disciplinary pre-construction, construction, post-construction and Title II inspection services. We ensure design-bid-build and design-build projects are completed on-time and on-budget. We serve as owner advocates to ensure newly constructed systems meet design intent and mission requirements. Our construction support solutions focus on ensuring facility assets achieve cost-efficient operation.
Cleared American Workers (CAW)
Our staffing consists of U.S. citizens per contractual requirements. This enables Nelson Engineering to provide cleared escorts supporting design and construction projects requiring work on secure job sites.
CONSTRUCTION SUPPORT SERVICES
- Design – Build Support
- Constructability review
- Sustainability reviews and LEED certification support
- Pre-construction submittals review and approval
- Project schedule development
- Safety plans
- Job hazard analysis (JHA)
- Bid analysis
- Preconstruction meetings and site walk-down
- Routine job site inspections
- Request for information (RFI) responses
- Technical interchange meetings (TIM)
- Design change construction bulletins
- Pre-functional and functional acceptance testing
- Commissioning (Cx)
- Test and balance reports
- As-built documentation
- Operation and maintenance (O&M) documentation
- Preventive maintenance/job plan development
- Excess material inventory and manifesting
- Final project closeout documentation
State Dept. New Embassy Consulates
Engineering services in support of new post construction projects since 2006. Our work includes RCM, Cx, LEED compliance, and O&M documentation support of post changeover from legacy facilities to the new compound.
USGBC Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
Provide LEED services on new construction, facility renovation, and existing building projects for commercial and federal clients since 2011. LEED certification support performance by our LEED accredited professionals (LEED AP).
Owner Representative Commissioning
Application of an integrated, system process to assure constructed assets meet design intent documented in owner project requirements (OPR). Since 2006, we apply our rigorous Cx methodologies to commercial and federal clients.